Ministering: Pastor Barnabas
Text: Matthew 24
This age we are living in- the Laodecian church age- is neither hot nor cold
N.B- But in every age, there will always be a remnant.
Prayer to pray: Lord, help my faith.
– God is taking you through that challenge for you to counsel others in the future.
“When God is taking you through a test, he is training you.”
– So long as a Christ is in you, you have carried shame.
“The cross is shame”
N.B- So long as you can overcome shame in your life, you can overcome anything.
Make that challenge a stepping stone. God knows about it, God is in it, God wants to give you a testimony.
– Don’t cast your head down.
“You are on a narrow way, you are not like them, you can never be like them.”
The training you are going through is like the physical training the Israelites had to go through in the wilderness.
– Your citizenship is in heaven, God has to train you for that heaven.
N.B- When you face a challenge, remember what God has done in the past.
Don’t murmur. God hates murmuring.
“Leave everything for God. God knows about it all.”
– Don’t let you heart be cast down. Be happy.
– The Holy Spirit in us is a still small voice.
Try to reverse your inability to hear God.
When you listen, you hear; after that you act.
Case study of Elijah:
“Learn to listen to God, the voice of God is there.”
N.B- God knows how He deals with every individual.
Recognize how God deals with you and obey.
Case study of Noah:
“When you know that is God and you share it with everyone, they will kill your vision.”
N.B- Once you know how God deals with you, and you know it is God, act upon it.
Case study of Abraham
Prayer: Lord, kill every vision killer in my life and destroy every vision destroyer in my life.
Text: Psalm 23:6
Topic: Dwelling in the House of the Lord.
– The men of old that did exploits and those of our time are those that know the secret of dwelling in the House of the Lord.
The Apostles of old
N.B- Issues of life that cannot be handled are settled in the House of the Lord.
David danced in the House of the Lord and that gave him victory.
What dwelling in the House of the Lord is not:
It is not just coming to Church. That is part of it, but be a Christian.
– There is a difference between a Christian and a Church member.
A deceitful one, a wicked one is not a Christian.
What does it mean to dwell in the House of the Lord.
1. Attend virtually all Church activities.
– Be in service. You don’t know when the Lord will release your blessings.
2. Study the Word of God daily.
– The day you don’t study the Word of God, don’t eat.
– Only Daniel understood by the Books
– As you study to pass in School with a target, have the same target for a first class in the Word of God.
3. Develop your own personal prayer calendar
1 Thessalonians 5:17
– Make it Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly.
Case study of Jonah- he prayed even in the belly of the great fish
4. You should fast and pray
5. Don’t take undue advantage of people around you.
– What does not come from God will not stay. Pay the price in the presence of the Lord.
6. Don’t keep malice.
Points to note:
– If you are still struggling with payment of tithe and offering, there are devourers that will collect it from you.
– It is your giving to God that concretises your relationship with God.
“Give until you keep giving.”
N.B- Be a giver.
– Your friendship with God will never be cemented until you give and receive.
N.B- You give and receive.
– Remember that JESUS is coming really soon.
N.B- Heaven is real, hell is real. Where are you standing!
“Salvation is now. Not tomorrow.”
2 Corinthians 6:2
Prayer: Lord, help me to make Heaven.
The Word of God is the Word of God.
The precious message of the hour is a treasure.
– Reference to the parable of the man that found a treasure.
God delivered us from our sins and gave us redemption.
– Sin is the easiest thing to do. But now that you know God, you repulse sin.
“If you serve God early, you will find God early in your life.”
– There is a reward for those who serve God.
Sub- Text: Job 42:1-6
Sermon Message: I Have Heard But Now I See
The book of Job is the oldest book in the Bible.
The Book of Job is a very interesting book to read if you want to get closer to God.
There is something in a name.
“If your name is bad, change it.”
The life of Job was that of trials and tests.
– Any child of God that doesn’t go through trials is a bastard.
God boasted about Job.
– Satan is sad over God’s children.
Death is a shadow for us. It doesn’t sting anymore.
– A Christian cannot die, you cannot only sleep. And you cannot sleep unless God is done with you.
There was no one to comfort Job. Only God could.
God finally appeared to Job- and restored him
God can do all things. The Bible says, ‘Only Believe’
– That is the message of the hour. Only believe.
We are rejoicing day and night that God has called us to this adoption to be one with Christ.
Only JESUS is the Prince of Peace.
1 Thessalonians 5:3
No one can claim righteousness before God.
God paid for your precious soul with His precious Blood.
The prophet veiled Christ to speak to us in this age. JESUS Christ spoke through him.
– If the world is going left, go right.
1. There is a quick work still ahead of us. The manifestation of the sons of God.
2. Trump’s presidency. He plans to commence international visits in the coming months.
– The very last week of the 70 weeks of Daniel is just ahead of us.
Run into Christ wherever you find yourself.
1 Corinthians 9:26
You that have decided to carry cross, a crown awaits you.
Case study of Daniel. He searched the books and knew God’s will for his age and prayed.
Sermon Message- The Seventieth Week of Daniel
Revelation: Pray for grace to pray like Daniel.
Tighten your belt and prepare for the work that is ahead.
Instruction – Little things that punctuate your life as a Christian, deprive yourself, that is why you are carrying a cross.
If you want to be blessed, believe and obey the Word of God.